Thursday, May 10, 2018

All Right v. Alright

Let's go with this- I'm alright (all right?). Google says alright is not really a word, but acceptable. All right means the same thing. I guess alright invokes a touch of casualness in the written form that you wouldn't hear. I can just see this James Dean boy holding a match against the wind, brushing off concerns for his mind like that: "Yeah, I'm alright." Whichever, yeah. I'm alright/all right.

I've got plans, baby. More plans than I'll confess to the Internet. Maybe a priest, but not to you. And I want more coffee than I've already had.

Does any of this make sense? No? Good. Like I've said, that's not what I wanted outta this. It feels nice to have a little corner tucked away to bitch and spew whatever I so desire. And oh, my, my, do I have things to say.

I'm available wherever I am sold. Work, school, family events where I have to smile wide and try to remember who this person is that thinks my hair is permed.  But here, here I am not. Here is the public diary of a secret bitch. Open my heart and behold its black ooze. Sometimes I can even exhale evil spirits.

But really, I'm alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment